Paving: The first road paving, part of a state experiment, was done on the eastern end of Branchville Road around 1912. Catoonah Street was paved in 1922. Sugar Hollow Road (Route 7) between Ridgefield and Danbury was paved with concrete in 1924. Main Street was not paved until 1926. By the early 1930s, most of the major roads had been paved with concrete or asphalt. Among the last roads to be paved, in the late 1960s and early 70s, were Spring Valley and Ledges. Part of Lakeside Drive is still a dirt road, but is not owned by the town.