Close this search box.


Treasures From the Archives: Letters Home (Part 3)

Read more letters from 15-year-old Thompson Derr to his mother from the Ridgefield School in 1916.

Established in 1907 by Roland Jessup Mulford, the Ridgefield School stood on southern Main Street serving as a boarding school for boys during the school year and as the Ridgefield Inn during the summer.

February 28 and March 3, 1916

Read Thompson’s fourth and fifth letters to his mother in February and March 1916.

Note: Click the < and > buttons above to move through the slide show. Click the three dots icon then click “Enter full screen” to enlarge the slide show to fill your screen.

The Treasures from the Archives series is supported by the CT Humanities and Fairfield County Bank.


More Posts

Send Us A Message

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list and receive updates, news, and invitations.

Visit Us

Ridgefield Historical Society
4 Sunset Lane
Ridgefield, CT 06877
Tel. (203) 438-5821

Follow Us


 © 2024 Ridgefield Historical Society, All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy