- Encourages historic preservation,
- Collects and catalogues documentary materials,
- Provides a database of information about town history,
- Creates publications and exhibits,
- Records and transcribes oral histories, and
- Offers workshops and assistance to those interested in local history.
The Society also operates and maintains the Peter Parley Schoolhouse, including a summer schedule of family friendly programs.
The Society’s purpose is to preserve, interpret, and foster public knowledge of Ridgefield’s historical, cultural, and architectural heritage.
Officers & Board of Directors
- Tracy Seem, President
- Michèle Mahland, First Vice President
- Geoff Harrington, Second Vice President
- Molly McGeehin, Treasurer
- Laurie McGavin Bachmann, Recording Secretary
- Nancy Selander, Corresponding Secretary
- Kay Ables
- Sara Champion
- Sharon Dunphy
- Phillip Esser
- Sue Law
- Melanie Marks
- Monica McMorran
- Betsy Reid
- Sally Sanders
- Curt Schibli
- Gary Singer
- Betsy Reid, Administrator
- Kathryn Tufano, Development and Marketing Director
- Rick Pereira, Webmaster
For more information on becoming a member, a volunteer, or a donor, please get in touch!
Ridgefield Historical Society
4 Sunset Lane, Ridgefield CT 06877
Open to the public on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 1-5pm